Our valentines recommendations for a cosy night in..
It’s a bit of a different Valentine’s Day this year, last year I was in Harrogate at this time, dining out and covid-19 was something I hadn’t heard too much about.
This year Valentine’s Day will be a cosy night in for lots of us, so I thought I’d write a little about how I intend to make it a special one and celebrate in my own way.
So wether you be celebrating some self love, or celebrating somebody you love- May it be special, none the less.
Our valentines night in essentials :
- A take away ! Skip the washing and cleaning up and spend that extra time cosied up with your loved one infront of the telly or getting lost in your favourite book!
- Run yourself a bath, unwind and relax and maybes even shave your legs, it’ll make you feel better, I promise! Our self care essentials are here.
- Pretty lingerie, our Olly Dawa lace lingerie is so comfy, perfect for lockdown but without being frumpy and sacrificing to yourself feeling feminine and sexy. Shop our Dawa lingerie here
- A bottle of prosecco or perhaps a few gin and tonics. Our personal favourite gin is by Hotspur gin, we like the Hadrian’s wall one from our friends down the road! Local and delicious.
- Light a candle, nothing makes your home feel cosy like a candle. Our personal favourites are by Darling Northumberland. Click here to purchase. We love the rhubarb and crumble, a sweet and homely scent to awaken your senses.
- Don’t skip dessert, wether it be a bag of popcorn if you’re trying to keep the lockdown pounds off like me, or a full of overly indulgent M&S chocolate pudding, indulge in it and enjoy. The guilt can wait till tomorrow!
- A good rom-com!! Nothing helps me unwind as much as a romantic comedy- and what better time to indulge in some self soothing than now? We all need a little feel good in our lives at the minute. Our favourites are... 10 things I hate about you, pretty woman, sex and the city and maid of honour.
- A gift. Wether you treat your man to a new shirt (or even sweatpants if he’s working from home too) or if you treat yourself. You deserve it!! Our top picks for self love gifting are here.
So however you spend your Valentine’s Day evening, take care. Take a little time to slow down and look after yourself and the special people in your life.
This last 12 months has been especially tough and life as we knew it has changed so much.
In a time when life feels upside down, it’s especially important to make sure home feels safe and a place you can unwind and relax with those you love. I know we’ve been stuck inside with them for months on end now, but what’s a few now? We’d be lost without them after all.
Spread love this year, people need it more than ever.
We miss you and can’t wait to see you again!
Team RB x